Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 week old springer spaniel puppy has blisters around her mouth, her glands under her neck are swollen and she has lumps around her eyes. On Friday evening we believe she ate some ivy when my next door neighbour was looking after her. We took her to the vets on Saturday morning and she was given anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory's she went back on Monday and was given more anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory's. Today I have noticed she has a lump under her skin near her rib cage and am now worried that it wasn't ivy poisoning. She is going back to the vets tomorrow but I'm so scared that it could be something worse. Any ideas or advice on what it could be? She's still playing, drinking, eating, pooing and weeing. TIA x

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Call your vet for sure. Most vets have someone on call to consult with. We don't really have anyone currently on this forum who knows enough to really help you with this serious of an issue unless Calgary stops by (a vet).

Poisoning, swollen glands, blisters and unknown lumps are all significant symptoms.

It is heartening that she is acting normal.

Reactions: abix3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call your vet for sure. Most vets have someone on call to consult with. We don't really have anyone currently on this forum who knows enough to really help you with this serious of an issue unless Calgary stops by (a vet).

Poisoning, swollen glands, blisters and unknown lumps are all significant symptoms.

It is heartening that she is acting normal.
Thamk you, she's going to the vets today, I've been researching alot on the internet and the only other thing that is coming up with the same symptoms is Juvenile Cellulitis (puppy strangles) x
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
That does make sense.
Do let us know what the vet says! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya, she went to the vets on Thursday and today and he did blood tests and we get the results on Monday. He thinks it is either Juvenile Cellulitis (puppy strangles) or Leukemia. She's got a lump that has no pus in it on her rib cage and that's one of the reasons the vet thinks she could have leukemia but she is still lively and eating well. I don't know if it could be a bruise because she can get on the sofa but struggles to get off. She's also now got an ear infection and that is being treated. She has just started a course of steroids for 10 days. I'm just praying it isn't leukemia because I wouldn't allow her to go through it as she's only 10 weeks old! :(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh ur poor poor baby, sending prayers and thoughts to both of you xx keep us updated xx

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Thanks for the update. I would think it would be very unusual for a puppy that young to get leukemia. Lets hope it is the other, and she gets over it soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the support. I also thought it would be unusual for her to have leukemia at 10 weeks. I guess I've just got to pray for Monday! I'm so worried because she isn't showing any of the symptoms of leukemia except the lump and the lymph nodes x
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Doctors have to tell you about every possibility until they have narrowed it down completely.

Fingers crossed. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts