Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is odd, but my 6 month old puppy Pomeranian Kola is making a phlegmy gurgling sound when he is breathing. This only happens when he is moving. When he sleeps you can't hear it. We were at the park yesterday and he was heaving to get something out like a hairball or something. He was on leash and didn't ingest any foreign object that I could see. Since then he has had this sound when breathing. He doesn't seem to have any distress. Any suggestions to make this better?

·
Registered
125 Posts
This gives me pause, simply because it makes me worry that he has fluid in his lungs. The coughing and ragged breathing could indicate that there is some fluid build up, but you can't be sure without a diagnosis from a vet. I suggest you take him to the doctor as soon as you can, if only to rule out something that could be very serious. I wish you the best, and hope that your pup is ok.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Definitely take him for a vet check
The flat-faced dogs can have breathing issues sometimes but it is something you would want a vet to check out
It can often be fixed

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
There are probably hundreds of things it could be, but you need to have him examined & diagnosed by a Vet to know for sure, and you need to know what you may or may not be up against.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your insight. He has no coughing and is eating fine and seems completely normal. I don't hear it unless he is lying down cleaning himself for example.. otherwise his breathing is fine. I will take him to the vet to be sure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts