Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got our Bull Arab Mix, Grayson, about a month ago and we love him so much, but since we've had him we've had so many rough nights of him barking/whining/scratching at the door and it's given me horrible anxiety during his bed time.
He's sleeping in the laundry room with his own bed, toys and treats (his bone) but he persists in barking and scratching. We've discussed getting him a crate to put him in to help with the scratching, but I'm just getting so anxious over sleeping, and whether he's whining or barking. I don't really know what to do. He's our first dog, he's already house trained, he walks really well and is a joy to have, it's at night time that I get terribly anxious to the point where I will be up for hours listening up to see if he starts barking or whining. I'm at my last rope.
I'm hoping someone will have some insight for me?
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How old is he?

Sounds like he's having some anxiety issues, he's gone from sleeping in contact with family to a new home where he's got no siblings to cuddle. Quickest fix would be to grab a crate pop him next to your bed then once things have settled move the crate further away. You will still have some sleepless nights though, we were up 5 times a night for the first week, then three then 1 until about 2 months after she came to our place. Some puppies just need more work than others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chas, thank's so much for replying so quickly!
Grayson is 13 weeks. He has come from a large family, he was fostered before we had him, so I do understand he might be having some separation anxiety, I think putting him in a crate in the bedroom would help, and then I won't have to worry about him chewing things in my room or moving around too much.
This was very helpful.
Thank's again! :) :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe there's still an adjustment, I would suggest that you transfer him to another part of the house. This usually happens when a dog is alone. Night is way different during day time as he can play with you by time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts