Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If she’s a good candidate she’ll be training as a service dog. I have a lot of fainting spells and pain. I have seen dogs whine, put a paw on someone, freak out or lay beside them. But if I’m passed out or crying on the floor my puppy will jump on me, lick my face, and generally act like we’re just a couple puppies playing a game (right down to biting my ears)

Anyone seen this before? Any idea what is happening here?

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
I would guess she doesn't understand what is happening and is trying to engage with you to get you to do something she finds more routine, like play.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi... I am at physio for a hip problem and part of the treatment is for me to do some exercises at home. As soon as I lay on the floor George my Beagle(ish) comes over and lays across me or with his head over my chest. Murphy just ignores me. I think for George Im just a soft alternative to his blanket.
But I daresay you could use this sort of behaviour to help train a dog to alert to medical problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When my trainer is here, he’s teaching her to lie down beside or across me instead of trying to murder me. But when he’s not I’m managing this behaviour while passing out or in pain. I’m hoping she grows out of this and it’s just crazy puppy stuff lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts