Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 month old malti poo, and we have had him for about 3 weeks. He doesn't seem to be responding to treats, and we have tried a few different kinds. I don't want to give him chicken or turkey at the moment because of some poop problems, but I'm not sure how to train him. I was going to get a clicker, but that still requires treats. any suggestions?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have an 8 month old malti poo, and we have had him for about 3 weeks. He doesn't seem to be responding to treats, and we have tried a few different kinds. I don't want to give him chicken or turkey at the moment because of some poop problems, but I'm not sure how to train him. I was going to get a clicker, but that still requires treats. any suggestions?
Is he interested in any toys? Maybe like a ball with string? We use our IDC ball for training, and it works great for us! Libby gets so excited that she would do anything.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Vitae is not food motivated at all either which has made the last almost a year a real eye opener.

Vitae will work for body contact sports.
She WANTS to be pet HARD and be TACKLED

Show her a treat and she'll ignore it.

I also hear of some dogs working for play wit toys or just really strange foods like citrus and hot sauce...*looking at you Manna you weird orange stealing dog*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts