Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 month old Male Lab/Husky. He's constantly chewing on things outside in the backyard. I'm always keeping an eye on him as much as one can. He eats twice a day. He ate and had water as usual. He was fine all day. Energetic. Noticed his poop was a little soft. More than usual. Came time to feed him again, and usually when he hears or sees me getting his food, he's super excited. This time, nothing. Brought him inside and placed him in his kennel. Went back to check on him about 5-10 minutes and noticed a small puddle of bile. Don't know what's going on, hope nothing serious. He's. He's up to date on shots. Although the vet did say he needed one last parvo shot I believe. Hope it's nothing serious

·
Registered
434 Posts
This happens to my puppy every once in a while after he's been outside too. He could have eaten a bug of some sort or a something like that. If he doesn't eat tomorrow or keeps throwing up, then call your vet, but I think he'll be fine by tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you're response. Yeah gonna have to play it by ear tonight. Hopefully you're right and he ends up feeling better tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is he better? if not you should bring him to the vet.
Our puppy is also seven months. Sage sometimes throws up a bit of bile too (i can it spittle XD) but she always feels like eating still.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, well my last post was last Saturday. I took my dog to the vet Sunday morning. Had him tested for Parvo. Came back positive. Sad. He's been on meds since Sunday. He hasn't thrown up or hasn't had the runs. Sigh of relief. He's getting his appetite back, still very playful. I think he wants to eat his dog food now. He's tired of boiled chicken and scrambled eggs. Lol. Don't wanna give him his food until we go back to the vet this sat morning

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Hello, well my last post was last Saturday. I took my dog to the vet Sunday morning. Had him tested for Parvo. Came back positive. Sad. He's been on meds since Sunday. He hasn't thrown up or hasn't had the runs. Sigh of relief. He's getting his appetite back, still very playful. I think he wants to eat his dog food now. He's tired of boiled chicken and scrambled eggs. Lol. Don't wanna give him his food until we go back to the vet this sat morning
Make a bone broth for the pup, very easy and very nutritious.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Along with the broth, we find when Samantha is not feeling well she will usually eat some rice, which is easy to digest.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm so sorry for this diagnosis. Please update us on his condition and treatment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts