Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that Addie cracked her tooth and needs a root canal. The vet said that an extraction or a root canal were her best options, but recommended a root canal, so that's what we'll do. I swear, she must love having dental work done! When she was a puppy, she had a severe under-bite and the vet extracted 8-10 teeth in the front of her mouth.

Has anyone had any experience with a canine root canal? The vet said that the recovery is pretty painless, and she'll have no restrictions following the surgery. Has that been your experience? Is there anything I can do to prepare or help her after the fact?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
No canine root canal experience, but I have had several done, my experience has been without complications. I think like human dentists, you want a very experienced canine dentist, that has a good track record.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know! My vet is actually one of the few in the state who are certified in veterinary dentistry, so Addie's definitely in good hands! He even teaches it at LSU and I feel like he could use her as a teaching aid, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts