Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 15 week old Bernese that I have had for about two weeks. When I first got him he was very uneasy about his surroundings he wouldn't leave my side, so I thought to capitalize on that and I praised him for his good behavior.

Now however he has settled into his new home and does his exploring on his own. We had gone on a few walks and he was excellent, walked right by my side, the leash was loose and he didn't seem to notice it. Now when we try to go for a walk ill put on his leash and he is excited to go except once we get out the door he lies down. I don't tug on his leash, I leave it loose and I even try to coax him with a treat but once he walks the few steps to get the treat he lies down again.

I've also tried taking him to the park, leaving his leash on and get him to chase me, except he doesn't chase me he just lies down. When I call him over to me he comes running and sits right in front of me but won't follow or walk with me. I am basically training him to come to me every morning just to wear him out so he doesn't turn distructive but it just seems he has no desire to walk. I though maybe there was too much going on for him but hes smiling and wagging his tail but just won't do anything but lie down.

Any other suggestions to make him want to participate in the walk would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.