Dog Forum banner

My pup is sick...

10K views 67 replies 13 participants last post by  Crazydoglady007 
#1 ·
I have taken her to the vet already but they only found a UTI so far. I plan to take her in again this week. She is losing weight, muscle mass, and is having trouble walking/getting up. She still eats and drinks, however she won't eat her solid food, so we bought her some soft food to eat. Also, her gums are pale. She breaths weird too I am not sure how to describe it. I used to think she breathed like that because she was overweight but now she is not overweight anymore, instead we can feel her bones. She still breaths weird. I am hoping we find out what is wrong with her this week. I am so worried we may have to put her to sleep. I can't bare that again. We had to do that with our other dog because she had cancer. My dog is 10 years old about. I am so worried. I don't know what to do, besides take her to the vet.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I want to know what you might think so I can bring it up to the vet.

#60 ·
Yeah. I was hoping not to post that update today either but she was just so sick.
We made her comfortable last night. We took her to the e-vet and they gave her nausea medication so she felt better through the night but when we got to our vet the news wasn't as we'd hoped.

#61 ·
I'm so sorry, Amy. This is a very painful time. Try your best to take care of yourself in your grief. Remember to eat, sleep, take a hot bath... grief is not something that can be hurried along... you just need to put one foot in front of the other and keep going until the sunlight starts to break through the dark clouds again.
Meanwhile, hug your other dog. She is probably also very sad today.

#62 ·
I am so so deeply sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to getting updates on her but not one like this. I'm sure she was blessed with the life she did have being able to love you and get love from you.

best wishes in your grieving. Let it all out *cyber hug*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.