Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

My name is Charles. I have a 11 year old dachshund who has recently became paralyzed in her hind legs. Isabelle has always been a healthy and happy dog.

On Tuesday July 19th my partner came home from work and found that Isabelle no longer had use of her back legs. He immediately brought her to our vet who referred us to a neurologist. The neurologist did a MRI and found that Isabelle had IVDD. The surgery costs around $10k.

We moved forward with the surgery assuming that our insurance would cover most of the bill. We put in a claim which was declined; we have continued to fight with the insurance company with no success.

My company recently downsized and eliminated my position; so this is a bill that is very hard to swallow... I obviously would do the surgery no matter what, my dog is my world!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's so sad :( My nephews daschhnd came across a similar fate but it was a slipped disc pushing on her nerve clusters in such a way that they couldn't operate. She was in so much pain and they had to put her down. I'm glad to hear your little girl had more options. Was the surgery successful? How is she healing up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts