Dog Forum banner

My Pantry Raiding Dog

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Squirrelflight 
#1 ·
My dog Foster loves the pantry! Every time you turn around, he has his head in the pantry and he is sniffing around. He never takes anything out, I think he is just a food addict like I am! :p Do your dogs love the pantry as much as Foster does? How about the fridge? Any houdini dogs stealing food when you aren't looking?

#6 ·
Before I started to Kennel Betty I came home regularily to her sitting at the front door with a pot or pan in her mouth (by the handle). The one that amazed me is when she was carrying around an 8 in. Cast Iron skillet that I had cooked eggs in just 5 minutes before. I went to the toilet and when I came out she met me half way like she was telling me the eggs were done, and she loved them...Could she have more. I admit I was mad, but couldn't stop laughing because she had the goofy look on her face and was wiggling uncontrollably.

#7 ·
LOL about the eggs.

I cut up some hot dog to take on a training walk yesterday and left the can of brine on the counter, turned my back to get his lead and the whole can of brine was all over Ben, the counter, the cupboard door and the floor and his back end was going crazy while he licked it up.

Edit - I was smart enough to carry the hot dog with me but apparently not smart enough to remember that the tin still smelled of them!

#8 ·
Haha funny stories. No counter surfers here, mine would need step ladders. Not to interested in the pantry either, but sparky will occassionally try coffee table surfing if there is food or his toy up there. Oh and when my room was arranged differently, if I left my dog treats on the cupboard that has a big storage on the bottom, that is about the size of a coffee table without the shelves, deedee would jump on my bed while I wasn't looking, step over onto the cupboard thing, and try to get the treats. Being the bad dog owner I am, I praised her for it, because I find it adorable when my little old lady acts out like that lol

#9 ·
Mine are usuallly pretty good about not stealing food but every now and then ..

So last night I looked away and Susu snatched something off the edge of my plate and hopped down to eat it..

It was so funny to see the hugely disappointed look on his face because he stole broccoli which he hates!! LOL I was lmao! Serves the little theif right! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.