Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four other 'children' -rabbits.

I'm a big fan of anything with four feet and fuzzy bum, but definitely appreciate their neat personalities and quirks that make them hard to keep but easy to love. I am a forum leader (for over three years) on a rabbit forum so if your considering adding a rabbit to your family or have questions about one you have-drop me a line!

Introducing.....*drum roll*

Kahlua-she's a lionhead and I got her from a breeder. She has attitude out the wazoo and is slightly dumb lol -I got her as a friend for my rabbit Kokanee who has since left for Rainbow Bridge

And this is her bonded buddy Rupert -he's a Harelequin and I got him at the Humane Society here. He was a stray and has a crooked leg from it breaking and healing at an angle. He gets around fine, but is no ballerina

This is Chuck-A holland lop. I got him from a rabbit rescue one province over (BC) and he's blind and deaf (blind from neglect in his previous life-he may be deaf from old age). You wouldn't know it, he's a happy boy and gets around really well!

And this is his bonded buddy Noot-a netherland dwarf
. I took Noot home from a shelter as he was not eating or drinking from sadness (at eight years old he'd been surrendered after his bonded buddy passed away) and he took immediately to Chuck-even acting as his seeing-eye-rabbit :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cute! I had bunnies...but when I moved, I had to make two trips since I had Bubby and my two dachshunds, but when I came back my grandpa and his ''wife'' had put them outside and they got killed by a coyote...

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! They are hard pets, but rewarding too. Mikey is currently learning "we don't eat the bunnies" :p

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Thanks all! They are hard pets, but rewarding too. Mikey is currently learning "we don't eat the bunnies" :p
so true! people would always say things like "bunnies are cute, but they don't have any personality" then they would meet puppy....she went for walks, fetched, stood up on her back feet, came when she was called, used a litterbox and had a huge personality...they couldn't believe it. they are a lot of work though.....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too true-I think buns kept outdoors don't develop much personality as they aren't part of the family.

all of mine but Noot are litter trained, and he's a senior citizen so I won't bug him :p
Kokanee, my bridge bunny, was amazing-new her name, played on the couch, destroyed things on purpose in plain view, learned tricks easily and would even tease my dbf-she'd jump on him whenever he was sleeping and dig his tummy.

Rupert's great-very smart and knows 'touch' 'beg' and 'through' a hoop. He's a little skittish when cooking or there are loud noises, but otherwise he's very friendly and courageous.

Kahlua's dull-she knows beg but has no idea she needs to be near me to get a treat(she'll beg whereever she is in the house if she hears plastic). She's FULL of attitude and will pee on dbf's shoes if he makes her mad. She'll stomp all night if we make her mad. She definitely uses peeing and stomping to get her own way.

Chuck's seems very much like a grumpy old man-give him food/treats and he's happy, but he does love to hump, shred, dig and destroy.

Noot's very shy-loves cuddles but hates being picked up. He begs and almost bites your fingers off for treats :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have bunnies, I have eight. I just love rabbits and don't think I could be without one now. I had just three for awhile Princess, Misty and Thumper. Then Thumper managed to escape and one month later Princess had five gorgeus babies, they are 3 months old now we are keeping them all till we get good homes.

Their names are Ebony, Alvin, Rupert and we are still naming two girls.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW That's a full house!!

You know...I really don't mind pictures of baby bunnies ;) If you want to share :) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts