Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im picking him up on monday! Im so so excited... Hes a 14 week ol 3.5 lb chihuahua. He has all his papers so I might even be able to show him! Which is so cool. He comes with every thing clothes,purse thingy,crate, food,puppy pads,collors & leashes... This lady spoiled him!

Im REALLY excited. Its going to be my xmas gift. lol... Hes supose to be really calm and laid back,sweet, she said he was really soft...

SO I was think of the names

Laddy (maybe I like the name, but I also had a rabit named that who died)
Laudie
Taunie

Open to other sugestions PLEASE! Oh his name is peekachoo right now. lol not for me. I really like unique names...

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, im not having any luck at all. lol But its sat. and i go up there on MONDAY!

I will post pics and an update... And hopfully before then I can figure out a name

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I like Harley!

Did you get yours when they were puppies or full grown. Cause im wondering if he is going to be the big kind or the smaller "tea cup" size.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow

I generally do not like chihuahuas but to see that one... Darn, he resembles Poutine!!!

Get him a Mexican name; I always like getting a dog a name after his ancestry…

Here is a webpage that might get you some Ideas.

Mexican dog names, Mexican names for your pet

PS My dog's name is Poutine, it is a french meal made of French fries, gravy and cured cheese...

Poutine as a meal...

Poutine the Pet.

Can you see how we named him ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
(Did you get yours when they were puppies or full grown)

we got them when they were puppies they were tiny they had really tiny feet most people say when they have tiny feet there gonna be small my daughter said to name him... (TIDBIT)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In those pictures (Or that one) he is about 8 to 9 weeks old
Really? Did he get much bigger then that?

I mean I have seen some TINY chi's and then Ive seen the really tall gangly ugly kind..lol. So I dont know what this puppy is going to turn out to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(Did you get yours when they were puppies or full grown)

we got them when they were puppies they were tiny they had really tiny feet most people say when they have tiny feet there gonna be small my daughter said to name him... (TIDBIT)

Did yours grow much after you got them?
TIDBIT is cute... kinda reminds me of kibbles n bits

·
Registered
60 Posts
Size does matter!

My I hope not! 11 inch is the maximum height he can be. They are generally between 8 to 11 inches, and 5 to 8 pounds.
Papillon (butterfly dog) is a crossbreed (designer dog) from way back when. Marie Antoinette was the first person supposedly to bring it to France; it was part Chihuahua and part Cocker Spaniel. Now you know why you like Poutine, He is a very distant cousin to the breed you like.

As most toy breeds, it has a standard, in this case, the height is limited to 11 inches, shorter is better, and 12 inch is a fault. Poutine is very strong, fast and loves to dig. We got him a help carpet to “dig” on because otherwise, he would dig the couch or lazy boy.
Although they are in no way classified as hunters or sporting dogs, they will on their own go after small game. In the old countries, the toy breeds where popular around kitchens and dining rooms where they would keep the rodent population down.
A Papillon must also have no white on the ears, the ears and eyes must have a color marking on them that is continuous. Popular colors are red, sable, black and white. Both ears must be erect, or down, not one up one down, the down version is known as the Phalene (Moth) Here is a small description I have on an other site on mine.

Papillon Quick Stats:
Other Common Names:
Epagneul Nain Continental, Continental Toy Spaniel, Papillon

Description:
Papillons are a small, dainty, elegant, and playful dog breed devoted to their owners. "Papillon" means butterfly in French and describes this dog breed's ears, which look like beautiful butterfly wings. The Papillon dog breed is typified by a fine-boned structure and a lively but graceful gait. As you can see, the Pup you are getting and Mine have very similar heads and markings, The Papillon is like a long haired Chihuahua ;) ... Hippy Chi!

• The name Papillon means "butterfly" in French.
  • The Papillon was known previously as the "Dwarf Spaniel."
  • Marie Antoinette was an ardent admirer of Papillons.
  • They were not fully represented in the AKC by their own breed club (Papillon Club of America) until 1935.
  • In Europe, the drop-eared variety of Papillon is called Phalene, and it competes with equality in the ring against the erect-eared type.
  • Papillons rose to fame in Spain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HES HERE!

Its was such a hard day yesterday! It took forever to get him and forever to get back home. I was up and out of the house at 8:30 am and got home 7:00 pm! I spent 4 hours at the mall waiting for the lady to show up. And when she finally got there I had a HUGE headache and was SO tired!

But I did name him Harley...

Duke LOVES him, we thought he would be jelouse but hes not. He does keep steping on him tho.
Angel was actually happy to see him usually she hates it when we bring new pets home. She was prancing and doing her woo woo woof kinda bark/howl.
The cats try to play with his tail. At first they were scared of him...

Hes so tiny tho in the pics he looks a lot bigger but hes really small. His face does remind me of a terrier tho, one guy at the barn asked what he was mixed with and he didnt look like a purebred, he said that usually "people" can spot chi's when they first see them but he wasnt sure about Harley... I dunno he looks like a chi just not akc standards really, hes got to long of a muzzle and his tail is a bit longer his head is shaped like an apple..Oh well. I will post pics soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
name him Charlie! my friend just got a new dog... he's 12 weeks old! A Maltese Poodle. Good luck with your puppy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts