Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband bought home a puppy a few weeks ago and I am in love with our new addition! She is my first dog and until now I assumed she was just a beagle. On my very first walk with her today I met three pure bred beagles! My pup has beagle traits... ears, size and muscular frame but her nose answer eyes are different. Any ideas on her mix? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think she looks very beagle-y, I'd say mostly beagle. Beagles come in such a wide variety of shapes and sizes with so many different faces, I don't think I've seen two beagles that look similar in the US because of how many hunting and pet lines we have out here. I could see her maybe having other breeds in her, but the beagle influence is very strong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies. I have since got in touch with the breeder and they've said she is a pure breed hunting beagle. I assumed she was a mix as so many said she doesn't have the "beagle nose" and is too fair in her colouring.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think she looks very beagle-y, I'd say mostly beagle. Beagles come in such a wide variety of shapes and sizes with so many different faces, I don't think I've seen two beagles that look similar in the US because of how many hunting and pet lines we have out here. I could see her maybe having other breeds in her, but the beagle influence is very strong.
I love the word "beagley." LOL :)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Thank you for your replies. I have since got in touch with the breeder and they've said she is a pure breed hunting beagle. I assumed she was a mix as so many said she doesn't have the "beagle nose" and is too fair in her colouring.
Beagle Colors
Beagles come in a lot of colors- "any hound color"

What do you mean by beagle nose? Looks like a dog nose to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beagle Colors
Beagles come in a lot of colors- "any hound color"

What do you mean by beagle nose? Looks like a dog nose to me.
I was talked into the ground by a beagle breeder while taking my pup out for a walk. She was trying to convince me my pup didn't haven a typical beagle "nose" as it was too long and pointed. She suggested she was a lab x beagle - especially being so "pale". I was pretty upset by her remarks.

Nothing wrong with my girls nose... in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was talked into the ground by a beagle breeder while taking my pup out for a walk. She was trying to convince me my pup didn't haven a typical beagle "nose" as it was too long and pointed. She suggested she was a lab x beagle - especially being so "pale". I was pretty upset by her remarks.

Nothing wrong with my girls nose... in my opinion.

Most Beagles are so far from any standard. My boyfriend's sister has 3 and all are way different colors, shapes, and heights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts