Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked up a lab last weekend, and noticed an interesting feature. It has normal lab hair, and I know it is mixed. But one thing that stood out are his brown eyes, and he had this (I clipped it when got home) maybe 2-3in wave / curl at the very tip of his tail.. It's the weirdest thing. It looked like his tail was deformed at the end, or pointed a different direction, but when I touched it, I noticed it was all hair and that it could be clipped. Please keep in mind, his tail is not curly, but it is only his hair at the very tip.. it looks like someone had put a curling iron to it, although his body has short hair. He also has long ears like a king cavalier spaniel (but with lab hair).

I went to the vet a few days ago and they say king cavalier spaniel / lab mix, but I'm searching for dogs with that feature and can't seem to find anything!!

He's such a good dog. Definitely points (similar to hunting dogs), and fetches, swims in the water, and very dominant around other dogs.

He's around 24lbs now, one vet said he can get up to 60lbs, and another said they don't think he'll get much bigger. I guess only time will tell, but if anyone has seen this, please help! Thank you!!

R

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Congrats on your puppy! Hope you'll share a photo. :)

It's not at all unusual for labs to have wavy fur down their backs and I have seen the waves continue onto tails. Certainly possible to have a wave at the end of the tail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts