Dog Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
FWIW...A Great Dane could not mate with a Chihuahua only because of the size difference. So any breed can mate with another breed that is close to the same size. A Standard Schnauzer can range in height from at 17 inches up for females. So it is not impossible for a Rott or Rott mix to breed to that size female. Your puppy is definitely Schnauzer mix. :) What does Hazuzu mean?

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
My cousins have a dachshund bitch and she has on more than one occasion had pups by their Ridgeback male. So even if the father was a full grown Rottie I wouldn't be overly surprised.
That's disgusting:( Especially given that Doxies are prone to birthing issues when they're bred to other Doxies, never mind a Ridgeback!:headbash::mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yikes, did the litters turn out ok?
And we looked up the name Hazuzu, but we didn't find anything. The closest we could find was hazoozoo in urban dictionary and the definition was "An evil giraffe with a malicious purpose", which was possibly the silliest meaning I could have guessed, but you know what? Sometimes late at night (when zu trys to steal my pillow) I can see that malicious giraffe nature start to come out of him...
Oh and we found a few pictures of a few dogs that could almost be zu's twin! One of the owners of those dogs claimed that he was half schnauzer/half rottie! The other said rottie mix! I'm feeling vindicated. And my neighbor is getting sorry she got herself into this argument- I'm like a dog with a bone with this one! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
i only see schnauzer, but as he grows he might exhibit the other half of the mix if there is one, but if the neighbor is bothering you tell them! i wouldnt let someone be rude to me like that, its not about the dog... its about the fact that someone is being RUDE to me.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I thought the same thing as Lynne Marie

21 - 27 of 27 Posts