Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new here! My name is Erin and I am the furmama of a dog and two Maine **** cats. I adopted my beautiful little bearded baby last October, who I named Fionnuala (Fi-Noo-Lah).

12189540_10156179594530591_7671446429101317592_n.jpg

She is allegedly a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix. She is just over 6 months old now. She is the most darling dog I've ever owned. Very sociable, but just lazy enough to want to veg out and watch a good flick ;) Loves to hike, explore, you name it! BUT....

She has 1) surpassed her breed(s) maximum weight (she is 26 pounds), and doesn't have long hair whatsoever. Shaggy, yes, but doesn't need to be groomed like a Yorkshire.

I believe she definitely has the markings of a Yorkie, coloring, and the lengthy Shih Tzu body, but I'm stumped as to what she is. She has tan eyes as well! Some ideas I threw around were Border Terrier, Dandie Terrier, and Glen of Imaal. I've attached current pictures of her, as well as one when she was 8 weeks old.

Any ideas? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
adding:

I forgot to edit that she has more of a "Glen of Imaal" look about her than the other two breeds I threw out there. I was mostly looking for short haired terriers to compare.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
To be honest I don't see either breed in her. Shih tzus and yourkies are toy/small breeds and it sounds like your girl (as a guess) will be in the 30's fully grown, a medium sized dog. I don't know were you live but dandie dinmonts and glen of immals are pretty rare/uncommon outside certain areas (I can't remember were atm) especially in the US.
I would say some scraggally terrier mix with possibly some poodle given the coat. She looks like something that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment. Hoepfully someone else will have a better guess.
Do you have a side view picture of her standing?
Anyways she's verry cute, good luck with her :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts