Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eva passed away yesterday. She was 9 years old. Her only health issue was arthritis in her hip. Eva was immobile during the last couple weeks but nothing out of the norm. But, yesterday she was lethargic, breathing shallow, and she was gone within an hour. Eva was a super sweet, protective, very fast, loyal companion. I have Lupus and she comforted me many times.
Any ideas?? She was up to date on rabies be wise she was an excellent hunter of poor little squirrels. I rescued her from a puppy mill when she was 6 months old. We must have removed hundreds of ticks when we got her home. Not exaggerating, it took 2 days to remove all of the ticks.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
So sorry you lost Eva. Its so difficult when something happens to our fur babies. I don't really have any answers for you as to what may have caused, her sudden death, but can offer a lot of sympathy.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Dogs and human come into our lives to fulfill a purpose. Once that purpose has been fulfilled they move on to a new journey. See all that Eva taught you during your time together. She got to experience 9 yrs of love at it's fullest after being born to pure negativeness/greed. I am sure in more ways then one she changed your life, in a positive manner, the moment you held her to the moment she was deticked and sleeping comfortably for the first time in her life. Remember all that love the two of you shared and let go of the why. That may be her last lesson for you.

She has not gone anywhere just on another journey her energy is still active in your home. She will come to you in your dreams when you are ready and answer your questions. Mine all have and still do. I have even seen their body energy walking in the house.

Live in love

1 - 4 of 4 Posts