Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently fostering an 8 year old Alaskan malamute named Zoey, though I prefer "Zoë" because it coordinates with Jayne's name. :) She has some pretty big tumors that need to go to both improve her quality of life and increase her chances of being adopted. I can't afford this myself and I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer, be it donations or just spreading the link to her donation page. If you'd like the link, please pm me.

This is Zoë. She's super sweet and loving, she deserves a happy, tumor free life.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh god! Those are huge! Have they been tested? Are you working with a shelter or a vet clinic?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That poor girl! She's so lovely too.

It may seem weird, but you can try submitting a Buzzfeed community post. Take some happy pictures of her and talk about how the goal is to get her healthy and adopted. The Animals section on that site gets lots of traffic with quite a few articles on rescues and special needs animals.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow those are huge..
You could try a gofundme but I don't know how well those work...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She really is a sweet dog. Her tumors have been tested and they are benign. We've been trying to collab with a rescue, but nobody has wanted to help us. We keep getting the ol' "we'll call you back in a few days", then nothing. We do have a gofundme page, but it's against the rules to post it in the forum. If you want the link to donate or share, feel free to PM me and I'll send it. :) So far we've only raised about %10 of what we need to get the growths removed.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Geeze those tumors are gigantic!

Where did she come from?

Not sure what the US has, but there might be organizations/charities that help with vet costs. There are some in Canada so there's most likely some in the US.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geeze those tumors are gigantic!

Where did she come from?

Not sure what the US has, but there might be organizations/charities that help with vet costs. There are some in Canada so there's most likely some in the US.
Her previous owners got her from the shelter and she already had the tumors. They said they were getting rid of her because the daughter had a baby and didn't like the dog, but after talking to the wife I suspect she didn't like her either. She was only adopted by them a little over a year ago.

I'll have to look into those.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Her previous owners got her from the shelter and she already had the tumors. They said they were getting rid of her because the daughter had a baby and didn't like the dog, but after talking to the wife I suspect she didn't like her either. She was only adopted by them a little over a year ago.

I'll have to look into those.
So sad that she wasn't wanted. I believe dogs can sense this from people and I find it so sad for the dog.

I also hope you can find a rescue to take her in and get her the vet care she needs, or that you can find help from other sources. Best of luck. She is beautiful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts