Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been over a week with no escape attempts! Operating under the assumption that the other family was feeding in the morning, which is why he only tries to get out around breakfast time, we started feeding. We wanted the food to be special, so in the mornings after he has gone out we let him in to eat a small helping of pedigree choice chunks with gravy. This seems to do the trick, his sleep schedule once again lines up with ours, and instead of going directly to "let me out now" he begs love and scratches, then asks to be let out. He has his energy back, and his play is even more energetic than before. And (drum-roll please) .....he has an appointment Monday to be neutered.
I am a little nervous about the neutering, not because i think it will ultimately hurt him, because i know as a pre-vet major, and having preformed castrations on farm animals I know it will be healthier in the long run. My worry is due to the fact that he is a HUGE BABY. He "cries" for a good five minutes after his rabies shot. Any suggestions to ease the recovery period? Or ways to help him be comfortable?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Glad you solved the problem. :)

Not sure about neuter recovery; when Katie was spayed, she didn't seem to notice that anything had happened. Make sure you get pain meds and follow the post-surgery instructions. Good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts