Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The came up on my news feed on Facebook today when a friend commented on the picture. I don't recognize the breed but it appears to be a show so I assume its a purebred.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Now that I'm on my computer I reverse google image searched to find that it's a Spanish mastiff, a livestock guardian breed.
That makes sense. It's not a breed you see here in the States. I figured it was some kind of mastiff.

For the record, both Tibetan Mastiffs and Leonbergers have long hair. Leonbergers look somewhat like a Golden Retriever/Saint Bernard mix.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
That makes sense. It's not a breed you see here in the States. I figured it was some kind of mastiff.

For the record, both Tibetan Mastiffs and Leonbergers have long hair. Leonbergers look somewhat like a Golden Retriever/Saint Bernard mix.
I know what a Tibetan mastiff looks like, I've just seen them with shorter (but not short), thick coats as well as fluffy coats. There was a user here or on another forum who's Tibetan mastiff looked similar to the dog in the picture.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it a spanish mastiff or a tibetan mastiff. I google imaged both and it looks like the spanish mastiffs aren't this color and the tibetmastif's fur is a bit different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.