Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was Tuesday afternoon where my grandmother went outside and she forgot to lock the gate. Our two dogs have never been outside, we always kept them in our house and backyard (lots of space so they can play). Then the moment they knew that the gate wasn't closed properly, they hurried to go outside and we didn't know which way they went. We tried to look for them till evening and my grandmother can't sleep properly because she was thinking about our dogs.

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Have you found them?

·
Registered
Bailey (hopefully pending!)
168 Posts
So it was Tuesday afternoon where my grandmother went outside and she forgot to lock the gate. Our two dogs have never been outside, we always kept them in our house and backyard (lots of space so they can play). Then the moment they knew that the gate wasn't closed properly, they hurried to go outside and we didn't know which way they went. We tried to look for them till evening and my grandmother can't sleep properly because she was thinking about our dogs.
OMG R UR DOGS OK???!! :O

·
Administrator
877 Posts
Our two dogs have never been outside, we always kept them in our house and backyard (lots of space so they can play).
I'm glad you got your dogs backs, but what do you mean by they've never been outside? Aren't you taking them for walks? Having a yard to play in isn't the same as getting out and seeing the big wide world.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad you got your dogs backs, but what do you mean by they've never been outside? Aren't you taking them for walks? Having a yard to play in isn't the same as getting out and seeing the big wide world.
yes, we never let the two little dogs outside but their father can go and he always comes back whenever he likes.

·
Administrator
877 Posts
yes, we never let the two little dogs outside but their father can go and he always comes back whenever he likes.
You need to take them for walks. All of them. You shouldn't just let them wander. That's dangerous. By letting their father wander around and come back whenever he likes, you're putting him at risk of theft, abuse, road traffic accidents, dog attacks, and possibly predatory attacks too, depending on where you are. And the "little ones" need the physical and mental stimulation that a walk provides.

If you can't walk your dogs because of disability or work commitments, for example (and even then, you still need to walk them before and after work), then you need to find alternatives - a neighbour, a friend/relative, or if all else fails, a professional dog walker.

Frankly, if you're not prepared to walk your dogs, you shouldn't have dogs.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Frankly, if you're not prepared to walk your dogs, you shouldn't have dogs.
Absolutly 100% agree with this. Dogs are not there for your entertainment you are there to care for them sounds as if you have missed that part of dog owners ed..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts