Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've posted on here before about my 8-year-old pug mix needing a biopsy on a tiny, slightly raised black scab right next to his anus. He's had it for a couple years and it never seemed to bother him. Anyway, I'm so anxious! They're doing blood work and a thorough exam to ensure he can handle the anesthesia (the vet said it's very light anesthesia since it's such a small mark). I still can't help but freak out... There are a couple other things I want the vet to look at but all I can think of is the dreaded "C word." All I ask is that it's nothing and if it IS cancer, I just hope it's something that can be fixed so I can have many more years with my sweet baby boy. Melanoma is an aggressive cancer, so I keep telling myself if he's had it for this long and is still active and affectionate with a healthy appetite, then he's probably OK. Anyway, I'm rambling here,but long story short: I'm freaking out about my dog going under, and I'm freaking out about getting the results. Any words of comfort would be so appreciated.

·
Registered
300 Posts
it is totally understandable that you are freaking out. they become part of us and much more than just a "dog" Your baby is in good hands and with trained professionals. so everything should be ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone! Thanks for the support. My baby's surgery went well and he's home recovering. His appetite finally came back in time for dinner! The vet also said he was more positive based on how the scab looked on the day of surgery, but I'm still waiting on the results! Hoping for the best. I'll keep everyone posted :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, one of our labs had a cyst on her eye and that had to be surgically removed. She had the surgery on Monday. She will have to wear the cone for another week and kept away from the other two labs until the stitches is removed. It's been a bit hard on her the first few days but she's gotten use to the cone and enjoys being able to come in the house when she likes. Hope your dog has a good recovery :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts