Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every night I put my dogs in their pen because the people on my road are reckless with their driving and we don't trust our dogs out. But the night before last, one of my dogs didn't come so we left the porch light on until he came back. In the morning, he wouldn't get up from the porch but eventually I was able to examine him and coax him get up and get some food and water. His injuries look like that of the impact of a car, and they were simply pink yesterday but today theyre all pretty much green? My mom even said one had a blue tint. He walks around with a little limp but seems fine, I'm just wondering if this is something major or something some neosporin and time could help?

I'm aware this forum does not replace a vet but my dad refuses to 'waste' money on dogs at the vet. Instead of helping past dogs, he just told the vet to put them to sleep. I just started my first job so I definitely can't afford that much on my own at the moment. I'm closer to this dog than any other dogs I have had and he's only about three years old , this is too soon to lose him, and unfortunately my dad won't help me out no matter how much I beg or what I'm willing to give up.

His name is Doobie and he's about three years old. I can't remember his weight (I'm sure I could figure it out if needed), but he is overweight. I got him as a puppy in a Walmart parking lot where they said he was a lab and a retriever mix, but he hasn't proven that lol.

I'd get a picture of him and his what I'm assuming are scabs but he's currently sleeping against the door and I don't want to wake him.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I'm very sorry about your dog's injuries.

Green in my limited experience may not be a good thing (perhaps infection). Plus if your dog was indeed hit by a car then there can be internal injuries such as a broken bone.

Unfortunately this is a situation where only a vet can actually help.

Call your vet and discuss.
I'm not sure as it would likely depend on your age, but there are options out there such as carecredit and personal loans that can be used for emergency vet care. You may also have luck with fundraising on social media.

Best of luck to you and your dog!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very sorry about your dog's injuries.

Green in my limited experience may not be a good thing (perhaps infection). Plus if your dog was indeed hit by a car then there can be internal injuries such as a broken bone.

Unfortunately this is a situation where only a vet can actually help.

Call your vet and discuss.
I'm not sure as it would likely depend on your age, but there are options out there such as carecredit and personal loans that can be used for emergency vet care. You may also have luck with fundraising on social media.

Best of luck to you and your dog!
Thank you so much! I showed my dad this and he's not completely opposed anymore, so I'll keep trying everything I can to get him to the vet! xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts