Dog Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a Spanish Mastiff and the breed doesn't appear on the list. Could you add it please? Thank you! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello! Is there anyone here who can help with this?

I saw that another poster mentioned a similar thing a few months back and thought it was okay to ask.

Could someone please guide me and let me know how long I should expect to wait for a reply here and/or if I should do something else?

I'd like to start participating here but would like to get my dog's profiles and a few pictures up first. : )

·
Registered
911 Posts
Why not contact a mod or admin, I'd assume that they will be able to answer your questions better than regular members.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I posted a thread in this section when I had the same problem. I"m sure the mods will get to it. They're probably just a bit busy.

Stiletto any pics? They're beautiful dogs. Never seen one in person.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@annageckos Thank you. I sent Admin a message through the contact form. I didn't want to seem impatient!

@Esand Thank you! Yes, I have pics and I'm happy to share. : ) Once the breed is added I'll upload her photo and a few more to an album and make an introduction post on the appropriate thread.

I'm looking forward to learning about and participating in this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is awkward! @Yungster

It's been 10 days since I last posted about this, I've been checking every day but still the breed has not been added. :(

As I said, I'd really like to add my dog's profile before introducing myself and getting started here... pretty please?!?

Could you give me an idea of how long I should wait before chasing this up with you/admin again? I enjoy dogs, not hounding people!

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Maybe the message is that I shouldn't. : /
I wouldn't feel that way. I never even looked at the "Dogs" section until I just read your post. I noticed there are numerous breeds missing, so you aren't the only one without a breed designation.

This forum obviously is so much more than just the specific breed of our dogs however the breed can be important to many as we are particular as well as proud of our dog's breed.

I briefly researched the Spanish Mastiff and found many qualities in the breed similar to my choices in the breed I have chosen.

·
Administrator
1,203 Posts
I'll ping our team again on Monday. They've been tied up the past month with a major project and between that and troubleshooting tech related issues on our hundreds of sites, it's possible they've overlooked this request.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't feel that way. I never even looked at the "Dogs" section until I just read your post. I noticed there are numerous breeds missing, so you aren't the only one without a breed designation.

This forum obviously is so much more than just the specific breed of our dogs however the breed can be important to many as we are particular as well as proud of our dog's breed.

I briefly researched the Spanish Mastiff and found many qualities in the breed similar to my choices in the breed I have chosen.
Heh! I find it funny that you're a senior member here and never looked at the "Dogs" section! Having recently signed up, I thought it was a really cool feature. Makes a lot of sense to have an easy place to add info and pictures about one's dogs to share with others.

Yes, I saw that other people have dogs with breeds not on the list, but they were added once they asked - as indeed mine has now! Yay! :D

What breed did you opt for @DriveDog? Not many people have heard of Spanish Mastiffs outside their native country. I'm curious about what you were looking for and what you chose. :ponder:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The German Shepherd Dog breed found me and I've never looked elsewhere.:D
Ufff! Poles apart from a Spanish Mastiff! If you're happy with a GSD then be glad you didn't opt for a SM! My Beauceron is more along the lines of your GSD; a very different type of dog. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts