Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Dachshund/Jack Russell and a miniature Brussels Griffon, both 3 years old, happy, lively, sociable, and a GSD/Aussie, also 3 years old. I just got a GSD mix pup, 8-10 weeks old, relatively calm, as a companion for the big dog. Toby's fine with her, but the littles are scared to death of her. They're both twice her size, but they start shaking and run away when she's near. I've never seen them do this before. We give them lots of love and attention as usual, and keep her away from their stuff. I would expect them to be jealous and growly but this fear has me stymied. Will they get over this as time passes? Any thoughts? Thank you!:eyeroll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Dachshund/Jack Russell and a miniature Brussels Griffon, both 3 years old, happy, lively, sociable, and a GSD/Aussie, also 3 years old. I just got a GSD mix pup, 8-10 weeks old, relatively calm, as a companion for the big dog. Toby's fine with her, but the littles are scared to death of her. They're both twice her size, but they start shaking and run away when she's near. I've never seen them do this before. We give them lots of love and attention as usual, and keep her away from their stuff. I would expect them to be jealous and growly but this fear has me stymied. Will they get over this as time passes? Any thoughts? Thank you!:eyeroll:
I think they will get over it! I would let them socialize a lot together. Possibly pick up the puppy and allow them to do a proper bum sniff so they can feel more calm as well. They may be to fearful to do it but if they did they'd feel better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts