Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 year old Chihuahua loves to eat parrot food. She comes into my room and eats the food from the floor that they drop. She doesn't really eat her food but eats it mostly in the night. When i'm giving food to my parrots, she gets excited and wants me to give her but i don't. Is it bad for her too eat parrot food?why does she do this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not sure about that food in particular, but I think your dog may be drawn to the salt content. I know that bird food tends to be salty.

In this case, it may be "forbidden fruit" have you tried putting her food in a treat ball and making her work for it?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
My 2 year old Chihuahua loves to eat parrot food. She comes into my room and eats the food from the floor that they drop. She doesn't really eat her food but eats it mostly in the night. When i'm giving food to my parrots, she gets excited and wants me to give her but i don't. Is it bad for her too eat parrot food?why does she do this?

Maybe its just the companionship she wants while eating. You could try feeding her , her food when you feed the parrots. You should also look into feeding something more natural to your birds. The coloring and dyes in the food plus the sugar is not good for your birds or your dog. Something like this with no sunflower seeds they are to fatty. Use them for training only. I got a Cockatiel for a wedding present, he lived 26 years.
No Sunflower Bird Food Blends

1 - 4 of 4 Posts