Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My dog wont play with balls, or any other kind of rubber, hard, bouncy or squeeky toy.
She plays with soft toys like teddy bears, but she rippes them apart and pulls out all the stuffing, and i am scared this will incourage her to chase other animals.
I would really like to be able to play fetch with her at the beach or in our garden.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Hi,
My dog wont play with balls, or any other kind of rubber, hard, bouncy or squeeky toy.
She plays with soft toys like teddy bears, but she rippes them apart and pulls out all the stuffing, and i am scared this will incourage her to chase other animals.
I would really like to be able to play fetch with her at the beach or in our garden.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Playing with stuffed animals has nothing to do with prey drive... won't make it worse or better.

Not all dogs like balls. Nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Try a soft Frisbee (not plastic, but fabric). She might like that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i would only worry about her eating the stuffing, my dog loves to tear up any stuffed animal you give to her.. lol and she used to hate balls too she loved sticks but one day when she was about a year and a half its like a lightbulb went off in her head and she realized balls are awesome!! lol now she is ocd about them and we have to hide all balls in our house.. lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Even though my dogs did not enjoy playing with balls I tried this method bellow and now they enjoy chasing balls and fetching them back to me or at least next to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts