Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new to this chat, and was feeling around, looking at other's posts, trying to find the best place to introduce myself. I checked out the introduction page but felt like no one really looks there often, and I do want to be an active member of this community, so why not do it here?

I have a ten month old male Great Pyrenees who is the love of my life. He was being used as a flock guardian, but killed a baby goose, and now is just a house pet. He has been through four different obedience classes, and is now up to Advanced (Canine Good Citizen training) and on the side, is in a tricks class!

I want to get his CGC done and work on teaching him crowd control and certain service tasks, but not to be an actual service dog. While these tasks help me, I can function without them, and it'll be more mental stimulation for him!

I'm getting an American Pitbull Terrier in January and the plan is to do as many dog sports as I can with her, I am very excited!

Anyways, that's all for now, I would love to meet anyone else that owns a Great Pyrenees or APBT!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Welcome! I'd love to see pics of your Pyrenees (and APBT when you get her).

I don't have either of those breeds but I'm hoping to start agility with my toy fox terrier in the next few months. Our first course starts this month but it's basic obedience (which she needs to learn before agility)!

Which sports do you want to do with your APBT? Are you going to compete in obedience or rally-o with your Pyrenees?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts