Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I live in Brazil, and my dog was most likely stung by a brazillian yellow scorpion. My mother found him close to the scorpion and pushed him away, but we think he was probably stung around his face. After that we were in shock and not sure what to do. I did a lot of research that pointed out many symptoms, of which local pain seemed to be the most common and immediate.
Here comes the reason why I'm making this thread: I was not able to identify any part of my dog that seemed to be swollen or more touch sensitive. That led me to believe that he may not have been stung. But he still suffered from a light fever, considering how hot his snout got, but it got better quickly. He seems okay, he is very active and is not crying/ complaining, he's not exhibiting any other symptom that I can see. So, is it possible that he was stung and the light fever was the only symptom presented?
My dog is a small to medium sized breed of lhasa apso and something else, I think (he was a present).
Thank you, to anyone that took the time to read this!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Unless he's allergic, a scorpion sting will hurt like an SOB but he'll get over it.

To be on the safe side you can consult a vet.

The sting may not be touch sensitive. It could also be numb. Swelling doesn't always occur either. Monitor him closely for the coming 10 days. If it's not better after 10 days then take him to a vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts