Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a female lab Sophie that just turned 7. In the last year it seems like she tires easily. I assumed it was because this summer was really hot and she can’t tolerate the heat. But even on cool days she walks really slow and sometimes she won’t move. She’ll play with her friend biting each other but tires out quickly. My other lab Aggie lived to be 14 and was still walking fast and more energetic. I had her on glucosamin and it made her very lethargic so I took her off if it. I had Sophie on Glycoflex and I thought maybe that was making her lethargic too so I quit giving it to her but it didn’t seem to change anything. Is this normal for a 7 year old dog?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Labs will often slow down around 6-7 years old. But next time you go to the vet. you might want to ask for blood labs - particularly thyroid.

Best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slowing down Lab.

Labs will slow down around 6-7 years of age. That's normal. But on your next Vet. visit ask for a blood panel - especially thyroid level. My Lab was low and putting him on thyroid med has made a world of difference.

Best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts