Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while, my dog will stop what he's doing, lay down (practically falls down), and cry out as if in pain. This only began happening recently, so I don't know what happened that might have... triggered this? It's like he becomes paralyzed for a few seconds and then gets up and goes back to what he was doing before this. Last time I took him to the vet, which was just a few weeks ago, my dog was completely fine.

My dog is a 5 year old chihuahua, by the way. If you have any idea what this might be, please help. I'm very worried for my dog. Thanks! :)

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
He could've stepped on a rock the wrong way, maybe? His reaction seems a bit extreme, though-I have seen a few drama queen dogs. One likes pretending to choke if you go near her and she's not in the mood. I'd call the vet and ask about it-since you were there recently, the techs may actually be able to help you out over the phone rather than making another expensive trip-and they wouldn't know if he needed to go back in.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Sounds like your dog needs to see the vet again asap, could be any number of things.

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
I'd be quite concerned about neck or back issues. Degenerative disc disease is reasonably common.

Yes, he needs to see the vet again.
If you are able to take some video of the behavior to show your vet, that might be helpful.

Reactions: Kwenami
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.