Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice I may receive!

I am looking after my Dad's Jack Russell whilst he is away for several weeks and I'm worried...I've been trying to get her used to walking with me, but she freezes at a certain point and just seems to refuse to go any further....?

When I walk with my Dad, she will walk for miles around the park...but when she's with me, she doesn't even get excited by her toys, and doesn't run for her ball.

I don't know what to do - she really needs the exercise, my Dad doesn't walk her much and the vet says she is chubby...I am desperate to help her walk every day but she just won't!

How can I overcome this with her??

I'm sure she likes me because she's always very happy to see me, but sometimes she's naughty...I think my Dad spoils her.

She's also scared of other dogs when we walk! She hides behind me. It's sad. :(

Can anyone give me some advice? I just want a happy dog.

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Carry her for a while. Jack Russel's are small enough you can just scoop her up and carry her a little ways and then if she wants down put her down and see if she'll walk with you.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Have you tried just taking her to a park with a long lead and instead or walking let her run around and sniff and whatnot? Just sit stationary somewhere away from other people and dogs and see if she starts to wander (but still keep her on her leash). She could be confused as to why her dad is not there
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts