Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EW! I woke up at 2am this morning to Tiki panting, chewing, and a horrendous smell.

When I turned the light on I noticed that he was going after his cyst on the leg and he would not stop when i called his name or nudged him.

I picked him up and brought him to the kitchen and examined his cyst and it was draining some blood and icky looking brownish yellow crud.

I'm taking him to the vet in an hour, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with something like this. Is it supposed to smell so terrible?!

I'm so paranoid after Zeus passed away from a battle with cancer earlier this year.

I washed it, and put a sock over it to get him to leave it alone over night and this morning he started going at it again with the sock on so I washed it and put a new sock on it and that seems to have stopped it temporarily again.

Anyways, I'm hoping his vet visit goes well! I'll update this when I get home incase anyone is curious. I just wanted to see if there is anyone who has dealt with this before and what worked well for them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it turns out my little guy has an infection. I'm not sure exactly how since the skin was not broken before last night, but the vet told me that it's pretty uncommon but it does happen.

Now she is recommending getting it removed, but I was always told it's useless to remove cysts because they come back and even if it's not in the same place it is highly possible more will start popping up.

Ugh I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I guess we have at least 2 weeks to figure it out since that is how long he is on antibiotics to clear up his infection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts