Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friend!
I dont know how to train my dog not to pop in the garden, when I home it waits until I take it out - when I sleeps at night or go to work he pop and do what ever it wants.
I have tried many ways to teach a dog not to do that, I clean the **** I'm Behaving angry, and even when I go home, I see the dog's Behaving that he already knew what he done.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What an unusual post! Most people are unhappy that their dogs poop in the house and would be happy if the dog pooped outside. But I guess your dog is outside and not in the house?

So, first of all - stop getting angry as it is counterproductive. Your dog doesn't know he is not supposed to poop in the garden. You can't teach a dog what NOT to do, you can only teach a dog what TO do.

So you need to teach your dog to poop where you want him to, by giving him lots of praise and treats when he does it where you want and ignoring pooping in the wrong places. You don't mention the age of your dog, perhaps he's too young, too old, ill or just unaware that he needs to hold it between walks? How frequent are your walks?

Also you may need to review what you feed and when you feed it. Some dog foods produce more waste, meaning that your dog might just have to poop when you're not around to take him out.

So anger is out, positive, kind understanding training/retraining is in!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What an unusual post! Most people are unhappy that their dogs poop in the house and would be happy if the dog pooped outside. But I guess your dog is outside and not in the house?

So, first of all - stop getting angry as it is counterproductive. Your dog doesn't know he is not supposed to poop in the garden. You can't teach a dog what NOT to do, you can only teach a dog what TO do.

So you need to teach your dog to poop where you want him to, by giving him lots of praise and treats when he does it where you want and ignoring pooping in the wrong places. You don't mention the age of your dog, perhaps he's too young, too old, ill or just unaware that he needs to hold it between walks? How frequent are your walks?

Also you may need to review what you feed and when you feed it. Some dog foods produce more waste, meaning that your dog might just have to poop when you're not around to take him out.

So anger is out, positive, kind understanding training/retraining is in!!!
Hi friend
sorry i didn't write enough info,
I have a small version of German sheferd, 1.5 years old.
get be walked 3-4 times a day: 7am 2 pm 6pm 10pm
and it eats only at the morning 7 am.

I really thankful for your answering and what to hear more thing I can do - we are fighting with the dog around 1 year about the pooping.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi friend
sorry i didn't write enough info,
I have a small version of German sheferd, 1.5 years old.
get be walked 3-4 times a day: 7am 2 pm 6pm 10pm
and it eats only at the morning 7 am.

I really thankful for your answering and what to hear more thing I can do - we are fighting with the dog around 1 year about the pooping.
You need to confine him to increasingly larger spaces until he learns that the whole yard is off limits.

You also need to be regular about when you take him out. Reward him when he does his business on the walks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts