Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2-month old beagle puppy seems to be having trouble emptying his bladder lately. We've had him for about 9 days and he's been peeing well until now, releasing everything he has and not needing to go out again for a while. But yesterday my husband noticed our puppy peeing 3 times for several seconds while outside, as if he couldn't get it all out in one go. And today he peed 9 times in roughly 15 minutes (large quantities of pee, too). I'm worried this might be a problem with his bladder, but because it's been raining for the last few days, my husband thinks the puppy just doesn't want to pee outside while it's wet, and is just trying to tinkle and go back inside. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum..
I would take him to a vet and have him check for a urinary tract infection...Is he eating and drinking fine?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Some times when they have an infection they feel like they have to go all the time. They may urinate a lot one time but then through out the day it is a little dribble often. It is good the he is drinking plenty of water. I still suggest having him checked...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Yes, he's been eating and drinking, but I've noticed he's been particularly hungry and thirsty today.
A vet visit seems to be in order but just checking, are you using treats for potty training? Sometimes they stop and go for treats. When using clicker training or treats you have to make sure they are completely done before the click or treat. They can be tricky little pups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts