Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday, was just one of those days....monday:eyeroll: you know what i mean. the weather got cold all of a sudden and i didn't want to get out of bed. my asthma was acting up too (it rarely does, so when i feel it, i get really whiney about it) and work just took forever to get over with. when i was driving home from work i came within inches of hitting a dog:eek::mad::mad: whos owner wasn't paying attention to him as he sprinted right out in front of me. it took me a second to react and then brakes screeching i stopped just in time. as i drove off, i was angry then of course i got the shakes all over, i didn't cry but i came pretty close...sitting in the car, literally gasping for breath and shaking all over. so finally i get home, and all i want to do is curl up on the sofa and not think for a while, but here is clover and he is so happy to see me...he is vibrating with it. so i start to feel a smile, but i'm still mad so i fight it. then he starts grabbing his toys and throwing them at me (i can't prove that he is aiming, but it sure seems that way:rolleyes:) i'm still not smiling, but it is dinner time so i feed everybody, after dinner is always time for a walk. clover and i have an awesome place to walk that is only a block away from the house. an instant switch from small neighborhood to a nice little piece of nature...lovely meadow, river, and lake all surrounded by mountains. but, i'm still not smiling....just taking the dog for a walk, as if its a chore. once we get away from the street, i let clover off leash. now clover would have been perfectly fine with staying on leash, but the second i unclipped him and told him he could play, he literally jumped up and kicked all 4 feet out (i don't know how he did it, he isn't exactly what one would call spry) i just couldn't fight it anymore, the corners of my mouth started to lift. then the entire walk i spent watching my dog (who just a matter of a couple months ago cowered in the corner shaking in fear) running and expressing so much joy he looked about to explode. he would gallop back and forth down the trail, stopping to keep me in his sights than bounding back and diving through the tall grass on the side of the trail. all the time we practiced our recall, and he happily would run back in for a tag and wait till i told him to play again. at the end of the trail, we get to the river. yesterday we left a huge stick there so that we could play fetch with it again. clover instantly found the stick and the game began....it is so funny to watch him get in the water, he is a great swimmer,but not one for just diving in, no matter how badly he wants whatever he is fetching. not to mention how proud he his when he comes trotting out with a 3 foot branch in his mouth! then when fetch is over we get to walk back and do it all over again. the whole time my dog's face is split in half by the biggest doggy smile you would ever see. i'm not only smiling at this point, but laughing out loud, and loudly at clover's antics. and you know, i think he could tell that he made me smile....how did i ever get so lucky:rolleyes:

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Thanks for sharing! Now I"m smiling too :) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts