Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had this dog in our family for 9-8 years, and we always are trying to guess his breed, what we guessed was that he is a border collie, Australian Shepherd, and corgi.
A little bit about him:
-He is super smart and instinctive
-He is short but long
-Very loyal
-Deos not do well with certain animals and people
-his eyes as a puppy were bright blue
-he gets hip problems sometimes
-semi active (when he was younger)
-protective
-has super shaggy tail
Dog Carnivore Whiskers Dog breed Fawn

Dog Vertebrate Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore

Feel free to ask any questions :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
From those photos it is really impossible to say. In order to take a good guess it is necessary to see the dog's body type and stance. And also to know how big the dog is. Do you have any photos that would show that?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Wellll... it's still hard to say but I see blue eyes and short legs, stocky body and a basically shaggy coat and pattern that could be Aus. shepherd or corgi, so your idea of Aussie/corgi doesn't seem too far off base to me. Looks as if she really, really doesn't like having her photo taken, though! That one where she is putting her face in the corner just makes me sort of cringe internally. She looks like a sweet dog though, and a pretty one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wellll... it's still hard to say but I see blue eyes and short legs, stocky body and a basically shaggy coat and pattern that could be Aus. shepherd or corgi, so your idea of Aussie/corgi doesn't seem too far off base to me. Looks as if she really, really doesn't like having her photo taken, though! That one where she is putting her face in the corner just makes me sort of cringe internally. She looks like a sweet dog though, and a pretty one.
I just called his name so he could stand up, so he did and went into the corner to curl up and go back to sleep. He's not afraid of the camera, he just wanted to go back to sleep. I feel like I am missing a breed though

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I just called his name so he could stand up, so he did and went into the corner to curl up and go back to sleep. He's not afraid of the camera, he just wanted to go back to sleep. I feel like I am missing a breed though
There could be a half dozen breeds that we don't see. The only way to get those is to do a DNA test. With a mixed breed dog, very often there are several breeds and breed mixes that went into that particular dog's genes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There could be a half dozen breeds that we don't see. The only way to get those is to do a DNA test. With a mixed breed dog, very often there are several breeds and breed mixes that went into that particular dog's genes.
I understand now, I'm thinking there's another breed because of the floppy ears. I find it interesting to know all the different breeds that made my dog. Thank you for helping me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.