Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog knows the word "walk" and this is his reaction:

If my family are talking about who is going to take him out for a walk, we have to spell out the word. It is now a matter of time until he picks up the spelling!

He loves walks, because he is a very good hunter.
He often catches squirrels, rabbits, and once he even caught a robin (poor bird)!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Wonderful! I love the "levitation" off all 4 feet!

Yes, our dogs know that word too. In fact, they can spell it as well. At this point, all we need to do is put on our boots and they go bonkers. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonderful! I love the "levitation" off all 4 feet!

Yes, our dogs know that word too. In fact, they can spell it as well. At this point, all we need to do is put on our boots and they go bonkers. ;)
Haha, you should see him when he's out on a walk, he springs like a deer :)
If we grab a jacket he goes mental as well, but not shoes ;)
I want to teach him to bring me his lead, but that will take a while I think lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time I take him out on a day walk (normally I take him out at night with a flashing red collar), I'll try and get a video of him prancing like a deer :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's so funny how they pick up the commands they want to quickly. My dogs both know the word walk. I was a bad human and would take my little Boston Weezie for a hamburger every Friday. She knew the word 'burger' and her excitement was uncontainable. I swear she even knew when Friday was because she would be waiting by the door for me when I got home. When I had someone watch her when I went out of town I would have to leave 'burger money'.
She was diagnosed with a low grade heart murmer several years ago so the drive thru-burger pattie was eliminated and now she gets a grilled turkey burger patty during the summer on occasions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My late dog Apollo also knew what the word walk meant.
Apollo also knew that:

1. When I would ask her if she wanted to take a bath, Apollo would go and hide underneath the table.
2. When told to go look in her dish, Apollo would and check to see if anyone put special food in it.
3.When told to jump on the chair, she would jump on the chair
4. When asked if she wanted to go for a ride, she would jump through the car door window as soon as ?I let her out of the house.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Guinness has been following a timed schedule now, so it's like she knows when we are leaving. I could be at the other end of the house and she would be in the living room. Once 1pm came about she would be outside my door sitting and waiting. Sometimes I find the leash outside my door. If the door is close, sometimes she will headbutt the door trying to come in. If I'm talking to my grandmother about heading into town the minute I finish talking Guinness is at the front door ready and willing. The only thing I hate about it is when I can't live to her expectations. That face she makes when I can't take her with me or we can't go on a run that very second.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My dog has almost that same reaction but to a different word. His favorite word is "frog" :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
times that by three and you have my lot ... though to date ive never seen them levitate like your lad , lol ... he's just adorable :dog-love:

And yup , my three know how to spell too , so now I have to make my fingers 'walk' instead of saying or spelling the word if im talking to the family :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts