Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy was either walking or running and yelped. She instantly started holding up her front right leg and cannot put it down. I tried massaging it and she doesnt wimper at all. I can tell its uncomfortable more so when she tries to lay down. Besides a trip to vet which i cant afford, does anyone know what i can do?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,595 Posts
If you cannot afford a vet, try rest. Minimum walking, just outside to toilet.

However, going forward, you must budget for vet bills.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My pup did the same thing. He took a turn running too fast and hurt his front leg. (My other pup did the same thing to her back leg after sliding into my kitchen table).

Start with full rest for at least a few days..a week is better....two weeks is really good (no playing, walks, stairs, jumping up on the couch, just taken out on leash for potty breaks) I saw improvement within a few days for my pups...then gradually return to normal exercise routines. They also get glucosamine chews as well to help their joints.

If you don't see any improvement or she gets worse over the next few days, definitely get her into the vet for x-rays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pup did the same thing. He took a turn running too fast and hurt his front leg. (My other pup did the same thing to her back leg after sliding into my kitchen table).

Start with full rest for at least a few days..a week is better....two weeks is really good (no playing, walks, stairs, jumping up on the couch, just taken out on leash for potty breaks) I saw improvement within a few days for my pups...then gradually return to normal exercise routines. They also get glucosamine chews as well to help their joints.

If you don't see any improvement or she gets worse over the next few days, definitely get her into the vet for x-rays.
thank you for ur reply! she seems to be all good now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts