Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

My name is John and i've just received a Golden retriever / labrador mix puppy of 2 months old. I'm quite concerned because i can see that the puppy is quite weak on its rear paws. That is it does not walk normally as another dog would do. Are there any vitamins or calcium that i can give him?Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How doesn't it walk normally? How is it weak?

And what leads you to believe he needs vitamins?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Where did you get it? How thin is it? How much muscle does it have in the rear legs? What are you feeding? A vet would be able to tell you if it could be due to malnutrition or possible genetic condition.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
He needs to see a vet tomorrow, if not sooner.
Weakness in the rear legs could mean he is sick, and baby puppies this age can go down hill in a matter of hours.

Is he eating and drinking, peeing and pooping?
Or is he generally lethargic and sleeping?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear all, thanks for all your replies. I've brought it at the vet yesterday afternoon and he told me that everything is normal...it has the ideal weight and size. In fact on Sunday afternoon it was suffering from bellyache that's why it walked like that. Yesterday when i came back from work, my puppy was walking and running normally and playing with my daughter.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dear all, thanks for all your replies. I've brought it at the vet yesterday afternoon and he told me that everything is normal...it has the ideal weight and size. In fact on Sunday afternoon it was suffering from bellyache that's why it walked like that. Yesterday when i came back from work, my puppy was walking and running normally and playing with my daughter.

Wow, This resolved it's self fast!

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the update!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Oh, good! Dogs will walk funny when their tummies hurt. Poor baby, I'm glad he's feeling better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts