Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been so worried about bringing new puppy at home but still managed to get one. Since I have 3 older dogs, two dogs are just outside for guarding purposes and one dog stays inside the house for about 8months already.. When I brought my new puppy at home, he already had 2 5in1 vaccine at 4 weeks den 6 weeks respectively, but his new vet insisted to start again from the first dosage (too long to discuss). His deworm is also updated. Yesterday I noticed that he had no energy like before and didnt ate his lunch and dinner.. Then he started to throw up his food after eating his breakfast that day.. He had 3 episode of vomiting and one watery stool that has also hard stool on it. I am worried because Sept 30, 2016, he got his 3 dose of vaccine (technically), the pattern was 4th, 6th, 10th week (again his new vet suggest that we start from 1st dose, so he still have to undergo 3 more visit for 5in1 vaccine). Since my puppy had his vaccine on Sept 30, so I decided to let him play with my 8months old puppy for quite a few minutes to drain his energy because he bits a lot cause mybe he cant do some exercise inside my room and inside his crate.. PLEASE IM NOT IN A GOOD SHAPE TO CONSTRUCT A GOOD PARAGRAPH, SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH AND I APPRECIATE ANY HELP.. CONCERNS MIGHT BE PARVO OR OVERDOSING with HIS SUPPLEMENTS AND VITAMINS. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not a vet and would recommend you take your dog back to the vet and check to see if it is or is not Parvo, or a reaction to too many vaccine dosages.

How soon after his last vaccine shot did he begin vomiting and diarrhea?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything you can you help about preventing him from vomiting and diarrhea, a first aid would be much appreciated, I want to see if he deserve a trip to vet.. Today was the 5th day of the vaccination and today is also the day he vomitted and had 1 episode of diarrhea

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you suspect Parvo, he needs to see the vet now. Any waiting could be fatal.

Parvo (Parvovirus) in Dogs: Symptoms, Prevention, and Treatment

"The general symptoms of parvovirus are lethargy, severe vomiting , loss of appetite and bloody, foul-smelling diarrhea that can lead to life-threatening dehydration."

So far you've said he has no energy (lethargy), no appetite, has vomited 3 times and has started diarrhea. Except for the bloody part, it sounds like he may have the symptoms. A vet check is needed immediately to know 100% sure.

If it's due to a reaction to over vaccination, then again he needs to see the vet, there's not much home remedying you can do for him.

You can try giving him a small amount of boiled rice with chicken to see if he'll eat that and keep it down. If he continues to refuse food or is unable to keep it down, he needs to go to the vet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate your time and help.. I think its very ideal to go to the vet.. This is so hard.. Thank you so much

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got also some concerns natasha.. I give my dog calcium supplement with vitamin D3 on it and a vitamin syrup named Lc-vit that also has Vit D3 for about 100 IU.. He is taking this for about 20 days or so.. I think he is poisned do you think so?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The breeder told me to do so and he insisted that he has better understanding and knowledge when it comes to dog of this breed (belgian malinois). I never intended to give such extra vitamins but just to go with the contract for two weeks (none of that matters now). Does anyone know maybe so I can assess what kind of stuff do my dog need when I visit to the vet, in our place, honesty is not best practiced now a days.. It could do more harm than good to my dog even if I went to the vet.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The breeder told me to do so and he insisted that he has better understanding and knowledge when it comes to dog of this breed (belgian malinois). I never intended to give such extra vitamins but just to go with the contract for two weeks (none of that matters now). Does anyone know maybe so I can assess what kind of stuff do my dog need when I visit to the vet, in our place, honesty is not best practiced now a days.. It could do more harm than good to my dog even if I went to the vet.
I am also considering the best vitamins for her to make her bones grow bigger and taller, but still haven't figure one yet.. Is it true that vitamins increases their appetite?

Thank you so much again for responding..

Regards,
Jhay

Maybe a vet would be good........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts