Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My dog started showing signs of sickness about 5 days ago. The first three days he was lethargic, he didn't eat much, and he had diarrhea. His diarrhea smelled horrible as well as his breath. I started feeding him rice, chicken breast and dogs chicken broth and he stopped having diarrhea and his breath improved. He's still very tired and inactive at home. Today, he's stopped eating all together. I even tried to feed him fried chicken, sausage and biscuits but didn't work. He seems normal and active as he always has been when I take him out for walks/hikes.

He started being sicked after a few days of visiting a local dog park. He drank some of the mud water from the park when we were there. Also, my grandma, who usually feed him when I'm at work, got sicked at the same time and has been isolated from him.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to get him to eat again until our vet visit. The vets in my area are booked until next week. I'm trying to avoid the ER since they're known to care about their customers' monies and not much of the pets. I felt like I got scammed last time I was there.

Please help!! :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well, I'm no veterinarian but it sounds to me like he picked up some kind of a GI tract infection. It could be parasitic, like giardia, which could explain the foul smelling diarrhea. I think putting him on rice and chicken broth is a good idea. I would personally forego the meat for now until you get a chance to see the vet. make the rice mixture watery so he is getting enough fluids in the meantime.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi I’m not a doctor or vet but I am a pet consultant at a pet store. Sounds like an digestive issue.

Could try goats milk or bone broths. The goats milk is really good for any sort of upset stomach and the bone broths should detoxify the body. Highly encourage looking into the brand Primal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts