Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I take my dog out for a walk, he will only walk in a certain direction. I don't think he's trying to avoid anything; one day, he doesn't want to walk down a certain block and the next day he'll walk down that block with no problem. Every day he switches it up. If I don't go the way he wants to go, he just lays down. If I start moving to the way he wants to go, he bolts up.

I try to remain patient, calm and assertive but he won't budge! He is just so damn stubborn. I know it's typical for the breed; he is a 10 year old bull terrier, I've had him since he was 2 months old, and he didn't start doing this until a couple of years ago. Any clue as to why he might be so picky and what I can do to get him moving?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Maybe he just likes variety in his walks. You are out there walking for your dogs benefit so is there any reason you can't go the way he wants to go?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I know a little about stubborn on walks, as Samantha can be downright dictatorially stubborn on her walks. We usually go where she wants, its either to and through the nearby city park, or through residential areas. It really makes no difference to me, and it is her walk, but there can be a pretty good difference in the distance depending on which route we follow. She seems to know how far she wants to walk on any given day, so as I said, makes no difference to me, as long as we get out every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts