Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dogs trembles a lot and drinks a lot of water and pees everywhere...Does anybody know why is he doing this? A vet saw him but he doesn't changed a bit after treatment...so I'm concerned.If anybody has any idea I'm here to listen.My vet said firstly he had an infection and the symptoms continues after treatment...after that he said my dogs eats dried food and that's why he drinks a lot of water but this is also not true so I want to know some opinions.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Depending on what the diagnosis and treatment was, it may need to be repeated, or ay have not been the right thing. What did the vet diagnose, and how was it treated?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trembling can signify pain - what treatment did the vet give?
My dog firstly had an treatment for allergies because he was always stracthing his ears and after that he started trembling and drinking a lot of water so I was going to another vet and he gave it something for infection and after that he simply said that he is drinking water because he eats dried food (but he doesn't) and he said it trembles because something nervous (like a twich)

·
Registered
361 Posts
My dog firstly had an treatment for allergies because he was always stracthing his ears and after that he started trembling and drinking a lot of water so I was going to another vet and he gave it something for infection and after that he simply said that he is drinking water because he eats dried food (but he doesn't) and he said it trembles because something nervous (like a twich)
You are not having a lot of luck with the vets, it seems.
What kind of infection did the second vet say he had?
If your dog is not eating dried food, I have to wonder why the vet didn't listen when you told him or her that. Maybe you need yet a different opinion.
Plus, eating dry food doesn't cause a dog to drink water excessively.
Are you sure the water drinking is excessive? Did it increase suddenly?
What tests were done? I would suggest a full blood panel because drinking a lot of water can indicate kidney issues or other things you need to know about.
Is there any chance the trembling could be anxiety? How long has the trembling gone on? what kind of dog is he? Did anything change in the dog's life just before he started trembling?
I ask all this because the two things might not be connected. They also might. It's important to try to figure out if they are or not. I am sorry you are not having very good luck with the vets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts