Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can help! My dog is 1 year and 2 months old. I just adopted her from a shelter a little over a month ago. She has thrown up about once a week since I got her. I kind of thought at first she just had a nervous stomach and was trying to adjust to her new home. She has adjusted now and she is still throwing up. She threw up yesterday (early afternoon) and this morning. I'm not sure if it's something I should be concerned about. I'm not sure if it sounds like it could be a virus or something serious in her. She doesn't act differently at all and still has lots of energy. She still drinks water and eats throughout the day after a few hours of those being taken away. She just throws up and goes about her business as usual. So, as far as I can see, she isn't acting sick. It just seems like something is not agreeing with her stomach. I am gradually switching her over to a new grain-free food as of last night. I'm trying to stay away from the rich treats as much as I can, sometimes I give in. I guess my question is, is this something I should be concerned about her overall health, or is this just a normal thing and maybe she has a sensitive stomach? Any advice would help, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to pick out a vet and take her in the next few days. There are some very experienced people here, but it is difficult and risky to diagnose or give advice without actually seeing the dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts