Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

greetings dog lovers. i say that with the respect that i am not necessarily what some would call a "dog lover". but i do feed, wash, talk to and treat my welsh-corgi-mut, coby, regularly. i do love my dog-- the others, well, i haven't had the pleasure to know the "love" they could produce. i joined this forum because my dog suddenly stopped walking today and i need some advice.

around 10:45 (los angeles time),i came home from the laker game, (go lakers) and my father said the dog is "paralyzed". Then, he also suggested that he probably got bit by something-- or, he might have had a stroke...

we moved him to his dog house, fed him some soft foods and made sure he got plenty of water. its 1:12 am and the vets are closed in my area.

my father said we should wait till morning, see if he's ok, and then take him to the vet.

before we do that, is there something that any one can help me with.
maybe a dog you know has gone through this. is it tempory? spasm? muscle cramps? permanent?

i guess im just kind of bummed out this happend and i need some sort of opinon about the situation.
im am very concerend and would appriciate anyones interjections.

ps sorry for writing so much, its a bad habbitt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Several different things could be happening with your dog. But you need to get him to the vet ASAP!

A disk could have ruptured. He could have a tumor. A blood clot. and so on. This can be a serious problem.

Hopefully by now you have him at the vet. Please inform us on what you find out. I hope your dog is ok.

Good luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Im sorry to hear that your Coby is having trouble. I agree with dch that you need to see a vet asap. Please let us know the outcome. I hope that your dog will be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts