Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm hoping you can help me. I have an 11year old black Labrador, he's just had surgery on his foot a week ago. Everything went well, we brought him home and everything was fine and then on Wednesday evening he suddenly started getting very jumpy when we brought him outside to the loo. No explanation for it, he's not normally a jumpy dog but it was like something spooked him. So since we have been struggling to get him outside to go to the toilet. We brought him back to the vet and they said it might pain so they gave us extra painkillers (ones he was on before surgery) and also said it might the cone. So we take the cone off during the day and just keep an eye on him, and put it back on at night but nothing's changed, still very jumpy and very anxious. And now it has escalated and he is just jumping at nothing inside the house too. Today we have him his dinner and he was eating away and suddenly he was leaping up on the couch behind us and trying to jump over it towards the door (something he has never done). He also now does not like us turning off the lights for bed and doesn't want to be alone. There is excessive panting and clinging to us and not listening to instruction which he's normally pretty alright with. I'm so stressed out (which I know doesn't help) and worried about him. It's so unusual for him. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My experience has been, when they are super clingy its usually because they don't feel well. Hard to know from long distance what is going on, something is certainly bothering him, and I would get him back to your Vet for his or her assessment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts