Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shirley is a 3 year old miniature poodle mix. Six days ago, I took her to the groomers since it was getting really hot where we lived and so the groomer can shave off the gunk from her past eye infection with ulceration. She went from having two inches of fur all around to near a buzz cut. Since then, Shirley has been shivering, so I put a sweater on her. It didn't help much, so I just put a light dress on her to give her a little warmth but won't overheat. Not only that, but she has also been shedding like crazy. I would find balls of her fur all around the living room and my bedroom. The groomer we went to was new, so maybe it's the products (although the groomer claimed they were all-natural) she used on Shirley, but she has been shedding for nearly a week. She doesn't have any signs of eczema or ringworm nor have any behavioral changes, so I'm confused. Also, after walks, I usually clean Shirley's "pee area", but after the groomers, Shirley jumps off and runs away, or lightly bites me (which she never does). However, that died down and let's me clean that area now.

If you have any advice, especially if your dog has experienced shivering and shedding, please reply!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The shedding could be an allergic reaction to some kind of product the groomer used. Lots of dogs also shed during summer months. However the shivering does sound strange. I would definitely take her to the vet. Here is a link that may help find out what the problem is.
Signs Of Common Diseases In Dogs

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Our two bichons and my boston all shiver. The bichons shiver when they're nervous, anxious, scared, etc. I still haven't figured out why Merlin shivers, but he's done it since the day I got him, but is doing it less and less now that he's older.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Shirley is a 3 year old miniature poodle mix. Six days ago, I took her to the groomers since it was getting really hot where we lived and so the groomer can shave off the gunk from her past eye infection with ulceration. She went from having two inches of fur all around to near a buzz cut. Since then, Shirley has been shivering, so I put a sweater on her. It didn't help much, so I just put a light dress on her to give her a little warmth but won't overheat. Not only that, but she has also been shedding like crazy. I would find balls of her fur all around the living room and my bedroom. The groomer we went to was new, so maybe it's the products (although the groomer claimed they were all-natural) she used on Shirley, but she has been shedding for nearly a week. She doesn't have any signs of eczema or ringworm nor have any behavioral changes, so I'm confused. Also, after walks, I usually clean Shirley's "pee area", but after the groomers, Shirley jumps off and runs away, or lightly bites me (which she never does). However, that died down and let's me clean that area now.

If you have any advice, especially if your dog has experienced shivering and shedding, please reply!
Your pet is very sensitive for stress, you need to use a mobile groomer, the one will come to your home. Also try some natural remedies for lowering your pet cortisol level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts