Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever who I have had since he was 8 weeks old. Since I've had him, he's been very Mellow and only wants to snuggle with people and will not retrieve to save his life. I wouldn't think too much of it if it weren't for my 5 month old German Shepherd who is very playful.

He also makes this noise with his nose, which sounds as if he's forcing a breath outwards (not a backward sneeze). The sound can only be heard if you're next to his face.

Anyway, do these things sound normal since they have been happening since birth or should I have him checked out? They don't bother me, I'm just trying to be safe since my other two dogs are lively 24/7.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
To me it sounds like something that should be mentioned to the vet. When is your next appointment?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Some dogs are more mellow...And just because he's a retreiver, doesn't mean he'll retrieve.

I would mention the sound he makes to the vet though, if you think it's not normal or if it really sounds weird and concerning. You may also want to mention how mellow he is just so they know. Could be temperament, but could possibly be related to a health problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The not retrieving thing was just a joke lol
I'm going to take him in to the vet this weekend and hopefully it's nothing serious.
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts